Marinated Green Beans from A Family Feast:
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 pounds tender young fresh green beans, trimmed and washed
- Salted water to boil
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place minced garlic and chopped cilantro in a large bowl and set aside.
- Bring water to a boil and plunge in green beans. Cook just until tender, about 5-10 minutes, do not overcook. Drain well and place beans back in hot pan, turn on stove burner and shake for 30 seconds to dry the beans out. Pour hot beans in the bowl with the garlic and cilantro mixture and stir briefly, then let sit untouched for ten full minutes. Add olive oil, toss and place in refrigerator overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Before you are ready to serve, remove beans from refrigeration and let sit for 45 minutes at room temperature. Add lemon juice, vinegar and pepper. Toss, taste for seasoning and serve.